Wednesday, December 19, 2012

four months~

Today marks the fourth complete month of being in South Korea, which means I'm now 1/3 of the way done with my first teaching contract! I'm not keeping track because I'm unhappy and counting down the days until it's over, I keep track more so because time here flies by, it's been four months, but to me it feels like I only just got here.

Today I taught my last class until January when winter camp classes start, and I spent the morning making Christmas decorations and watching the Polar Express with my grade 6 students. They were by far the most challenging group I had, but I have grown to love them, and I'll miss them when they graduate and move on to middle school.

The last three weeks in general have been really busy but non eventful. I have been focusing on my winter camp lessons, making the book and trying to come up with activities (winter camp is three weeks during winter vacation where a few students come in for extra English lessons). The Korean presidential elections were this Wednesday and we got the day off from school. Tuesday night some friends and I attended a nonverbal acrobatic performance of a show called "Flying". I wasn't really sure what to expected, but was really glad to have attended as the show ended up being really great. After the performance we took advantage of having the next day off, so we headed off to some bars and stayed there pretty much the entire night.

This Saturday one of my friends is leaving to go back home as the teaching experience wasn't everything she imagined, and tonight we are having a going away dinner for her. Tomorrow I am off to Malaysia for two weeks, where I'll be staying with an old friend from university and her family. I'm really excited to be traveling to a new place, and thankful for the fact that I'll be surrounded by a loving family during the holidays, even if it won't be my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment