Friday, December 7, 2012

welcome december

The first week of December brought on the first big snowfall of the season. All of the kids at my school went nuts having snowball fights and making snow angels. I really enjoyed watching the snow fall from the comforts of my office but became a little homesick for two reasons: it reminded me that Christmas is just around the corner, and although I will be spending it with familiar people, I will not be with my family. Second, the amount of snow we got in Seoul wasn't a whole lot, however, back home it would have been enough to get the school shut down for at least two days :P
I have two weeks of school before I head off to Malaysia for vacation, but luckily only one of those weeks consists of teaching. I'm not entirely sure what I will be doing the last week, maybe speaking tests? I'm never told anything until the day of. Winter camp, for example, I've been asking since October if I needed to prepare anything for the three week long camp we will be having in January, but nobody would give me an answer. It wasn't until a couple of days ago that I was told "by the way, you should prepare at least 40 pages worth of material, games, and power points for winter camp and submit by Monday". So, this is how I came to be at my current location, Capi Capi Loom Lom, a cute & cozy Rilakkuma themed coffee shop a few subway stops from my apartment. I really enjoy sitting here and people watching, maybe I will turn this into a weekly thing and find a new cafe to visit each time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment