Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hello 2013!

Happy New Year! I was on vacation for two weeks visiting a friend in Malaysia, but I'm now back in icy cold Seoul! I really enjoyed my time in Malaysia, spending time with my friend from university and her entire family; it definitely made being away from home for the holidays a lot less miserable. I spent the majority of the time in Malaysia's capital, Kuala Lumpur, which was a destination on my My travel wish-list. Aside from KL,  I spent five days on Penang Island, which was beautiful and I ate seafood to my heart's delight! It wasn't an action packed, on the go sight seeing trip, but more of a relaxed spending time with family and eating type of thing which was great. I went parasailing for the first time, and welcomed in the new year on the beach. Malaysia has an amazing culture blended with Malay, Chinese, and Indian and It's so bright and lively all the time. I'm so thankful to have had this experience, and I'm only more eager to continue on my travels throughout SE Asia and the rest of the world!

Tomorrow starts winter camp which will run for three weeks, followed by two weeks of random classes and grade six graduation. After that I believe we have two weeks off until the new semester starts again, and then I will be halfway through my first full year in Korea.. wow!





No comments:

Post a Comment