Wednesday, January 30, 2013

winter update

Winter Camp is over now, and I'm back on regular teaching schedule for the next week. After that I'll deskwarm for about a week and a half, and then have a two week break again and start a new school year in March. I really enjoyed camp and the laid back atmosphere, but I'm glad to be back with my regular students, my rowdy 6th graders, and silly grade 4s. Both of my coteachers and I are getting along really well and I'm really happy about that. Now that I've introduced kimchi into my regular diet, I'm really enjoying my school lunches! before coworkers would stare at me and give me funny looks since all I would usually get is a small bowl of rice and whatever soup we were having, now they give me funny looks because I just keep piling on the kimchi; I even caught my principal laughing at me after he saw me chowing down. Yesterday I found out that come March we will be losing the other native teacher at my school, and I'll be in charge of grades 3-6, and I'm a little bit nervous about that. The third graders are really cute, but their level is also really low, almost nonexistent since in Korea most of them don't start english classes until grade 3. I'm also nervous because I'll be getting two new co-teachers on top of the ones I already have. These teachers will be new to the school, so I've yet to meet them. 
During my two week break I will be staying mostly in Seoul and hopefully travel through the southern provinces in Korea. I wished to be able to take another trip abroad, but my bad budgeting habits are still haunting me and I'm not able to do it this month. The disappointment of not being able to go abroad as I wished is hopefully going to serve as motivation to do better and be prepared whenever summer break rolls around. I'm still indecisive about wether I'll renew for a second year, specially now that I know there are changes being made to my schedule. But whatever happens, I'll just enjoy the moments I'm having now and the memories I'm making with my students, coworkers, and friends.





"One day when I leave this place I'll miss the people, the lives I touched and the lives that touched my life."


No comments:

Post a Comment