Thursday, September 12, 2013

Yes Sir, I'm one of a kind pt. 2





On Sunday September 1st two of my friends and I headed to Seoul's Olympic Park to attend the final performance of G-Dragon's One of  a Kind tour. I had previously attended the opening performance of this tour back in March, so I was really excited to see it all wrap up and see what improvements or changes had been made.
We arrived at the venue about two hours before the show was due to start because we needed to collect our tickets and wristbands, but even after doing that we still had time before we could go inside so we spent sometime walking around the park. During that time I ran into one of my favorite bloggers/vloggers April from The Pink Fashion Ninja; she was so sweet and kind, I was sad to hear that she was flying home after finishing up her working contract in Korea.
About 45 minutes before the concert was due to start, we were finally let into the venue, and right away I knew this one was going to be different. To start of, the security at this concert was a different company than the last, and they were much friendlier/polite than the last one; they still did a professional job and kept everybody in check, but they didn't shout at us unnecessarily and push people around. I once again decided for standing section tickets, and originally I thought I had gotten tickets in the same section as last time, but I soon noticed that the stage and layout where a little bit different, so we were at a different standing section and I was a little bit bummed. However, this turned out to be a great thing because my friends and I were able to get a much better and closer view of G-Dragon, than if we had been where I originally thought we were going to be. The show kicked off with a video premiere of one of GD's latest songs, and immediately after that he took the stage and got the crowd pumped. Although he performed a lot of the same songs from the first show I attended in March, the sets and costumes were very different, so it felt like I was seeing him live for the first time. In between some of his old songs, he threw in three new songs from his most recent album and the crowd went crazy.
At this concert I felt like GD had more interaction with the crowd, getting really close and even coming through a walkway in the crowd. I know he was sick when his concert opened up so I'm sure that's what hindered him from giving it his best, but he definitely made up for it at this last show.
Because he had some new songs to perform, and he had so much crowd interaction the show went on for nearly three hours! definitely I think fans got what they paid for. The guests performers for this night were Tablo, 2ne1, the female singer from Akdong Musician and... Big  Bang!!!!!! I had read rumors online that they might be performing that night, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much so I was definitely surprised when all five boys took the stage. They performed three songs together, cut a cake, and had some fan interactions before leaving GD to do his thing again. Because of the location of our seats, at one point I was mere feet from TOP. It was so exciting! I'm definitely happy that I chose to attend GDs concert again, specially on the last night of the tour as I'm sure it was special to him and hence made it more special for the fans. He is a talented guy when you hear his songs on the radio or watch his music videos, but seeing him perform live is a different experience. He gives so much and even though you're in a sea of thousand other fans, he somehow makes you feel like it's just you two. Before I leave Korea I hope to have a chance to see him perform again, specially with his Big Bang brothers.
unlike the March concert, this time fans were able to take photos so I'll share a few now:

No comments:

Post a Comment