Saturday, September 14, 2013

Japan- In pictures

This past August I spent two weeks in Japan visiting friends whom I met in my university back in Arkansas. During the two weeks I spent the majority of my time in Tokyo, with a short visit to Osaka and Kyoto. Despite the fact that I have many friends in Japan, for some reason it wasn't a place I considered visiting. Prior to coming to Korea I made a travel wish list and Japan didn't make the cut. However, after researching flight options, and the opportunity to see my friends it seemed like a crazy idea not to go. I really enjoyed my time in Japan, and experiencing first hand the culture and things I have heard so much about. I'm also really thankful to my friends who hosted me, and took time out of their schedules to show me their beautiful country. There is so much I could say about my trip to Japan, but all I can think about now is the saying "a picture is worth a thousand words" so I'll share some pictures of my trip now, and let them do the talking.

My first night in Japan was spent watching fireworks at a beach town about an hour from Tokyo.



My first taste of good ramen and I'm now obsessed.

Akihabara- Electronic Town

In Asakusa.
Boat tour of Tokyo Bay

Tokyo Tower

Fushimi Inari in Kyoto

In Kyoto.

In Osaka.
Night view of Tokyo from Roppongi Hills Observation Deck.

Night out with my dear friends.
Lastly, a trip to Japan isn't complete without a visit to one of it's very popular purikura photo booths!

No comments:

Post a Comment