Sunday, September 22, 2013

13 month update

The first month of my second contract has ended and it was so much different than the first month of my first contract. I feel very settled and at home here. My main co teacher is away on maternity leave so since we returned from vacation I've been teaching the sixth graders with a substitute. At the beginning she was really shy and nervous but now I think she feels more comfortable and we've actually gotten pretty close. She's really friendly and we have a closer relationship than with my usual co teacher.
The grade 6s are starting to get a little bit restless and are harder to teach now that they seem less motivated to learn and participate in class, I think it's because this is their last semester before graduation, luckily though, fifth graders are still a dream and I love them so soooo much! I'm sad that when my contract ends they will only be halfway through sixth grade and I won't be able to see them graduate. Fourth graders are cute too, but my co teacher has changed up the way my lessons with them go, so now I don't actually teach them from the book and I just come up with activities or games to do during the entire class period.
All in all life in Korea is really good and I'm really happy that I stayed.
Wednesday marked the start of the Chuseok Holiday which I've been told is the equivalent of Thanksgiving back home. So I've been on school break for the last 4 days. Last Chuseok I had just arrived in Korea so I spent int sight seeing and getting settled in, this time around my friends and I decided to take a trip and I'm currently writing this from Beijing, China! I will post a separate post about my trip later, but for now this is my 13 month update!

No comments:

Post a Comment