Friday, September 19, 2014

25 months

I'm back from vacation in Malaysia & Indonesia. I definitely enjoyed my time in Malaysia a lot more this second time around. I think I was more open minded about the food, which is what I struggled with on my first trip. Bali, Indonesia was a place I thought I would love, but something about how commercialized it was, and people following me around asking if I wanted a massage or t-shirt sort of out a dark cloud over that experience for me. If I were to go back I think I would choose different places besides Ubud & Kuta to stay at. 

The new school semester has brought me a brand new co teacher, and two new classes. Three of my third grade classes from last term have been taken away, and two new classes added. I miss my kids from last term a lot, they were a lot of fun. These new kids are cute, but maybe I still need more time to adjust to their personalities. 

I celebrated my 26th birthday a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty nice. On the day of, I had cake with some of my co workers then that night I had dinner and bingsu with friends in my area. Then on Friday a friend came up from her town and we had dinner and cake and wine, then later that night I met up with some other friends for drinks and a night of dancing. Nothing too crazy, since you know.. I'm an adult ;P 

No comments:

Post a Comment