Monday, April 21, 2014

20 months

I spent the weekend pondering wether I'm going to stay in Korea a third year or not, and this morning when asked by my co teacher what I'm going to do, I told her yes, I will stay. It definitely wasn't as easy to say yes to another year in Seoul, as it was when I signed on to a second year. I definitely miss my family a whole lot, but I don't feel like my job here is done yet. I am entirely too attached to my students, and leaving halfway through the school year just doesn't feel right. Granted, I'll be leaving halfway through the school year next year, but it will be a different set of kids, my sixth graders now are the ones I started out with when I first arrived, and it will mean so much to see them graduate.

I feel bittersweet, but I'm definitely glad to have this decision behind me and to have made it with the support of my family and friends back home. This Monday I will have an open class for the principal, VP and head teacher and they will have the final say on my renewal, but I've been told the odds of them saying no to me are pretty slim.

I can't think of anything else to update on for this month, because this has been a pretty big decision and  has taken up a lot of space in my mind and heart recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment