Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Six months

Wow! cannot believe I'm now officially halfway through my first year in Korea! time has gone really fast, and I think that only serves as reinforcement of what a great time I'm having.. because I mean, if I were homesick or having a hard time then surely time would be creeping by, right? ;)
These last six months have definitely had their challenges, but I think I've made good decisions when it comes to the people I've surrounded myself with, so having them around whenever things have gotten difficult has definitely helped me get through.
Living in Seoul has been a complete change from what I grew up with back in rural USA, but despite my being a small town girl, I have found the city to be totally friendly and not as complicated to navigate as I thought. The locals are friendly, and there is always some event or festival going on, and new areas to explore.
Teaching is going well, my school is on a two week break at the moment, when it resumes in March it will officially be a brand new school year, and I will have brand new students. I found out I will be teaching grades 4, 5, and 6 this time around which means I'll only see each class once a week so I'll need to work extra hard to establish a connection with them and get them motivated to learn English. I'm really excited and a little bit nervous about what the next six months will bring but here's to hoping it's just as great as my first six months!

No comments:

Post a Comment